Archive for April 15, 2011
If you love learning about the perfume industry or just enjoy the different fragrances, Chanel No5 perfume is a world famous option. They offer very distinctive scents that come with a classic logo and package to match. These are top quality products that also revolve around handbags, cosmetics, and a variety of other products. Founder, Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel built this amazing French Fashion house and continues to be one of the leading manufacturers in the industry today.
The goal revolved around creating design styles that were classic, simple, and appealing to all women. Most of them are timeless, including the little black dress that is still as popular as ever. When it comes to Chanel perfumes and their fragrances you are given something that makes a woman feel complete and independent. This was Coco’s mission, but she also wanted to ensure that her perfumes ended up being the best in the world.
Chanel No 5 perfume was introduced back in 1920 after countless hours of mixing over 128 ingredients. This was done by the famous chemist Ernest Beaux. His mesmerizing ability to offer Jasmine as the main ingredient of No5 couldn’t have been more of a destiny. Once he completed his work there were 5 samples presented to Coco and her team. After much deliberation they chose his 5th option. The perfume was then released on the 5th day of the month, which is why the number 5 has so much meaning today. In fact, they still consider it their lucky number.
Originally the perfume was sprayed in changing rooms of Chanel boutiques, and distributed to wealthy clientele as gifts. In 1974 it was relaunched, having been removed from drug stores, and promoted beside the new cosmetic range instead. By reducing the number of outlets it was sold from, the demand was increased and people felt they had to own a bottle of this amazing perfume. With many years of history and sales behind it, it is no wonder that this is the most recognised of the Chanel label. It is believed that a bottle of Chanel No5 sells every thirty seconds, and can be found in many households across the world.
The advertising campaigns for Chanel No 5 perfume are just as popular. Probably the biggest successful advert came when Marilyn Monroe was pictured enjoying Chanel No 5 perfume. The popularity went off the charts and this same advertisement can still be found today. They have also found numerous celebrities and famous women who want to be involved as well. One of the more recent stars to head the advertisement campaigns today is Nicole Kidman.
The new advert cost $46 million to produce, even though it only lasted 3 minutes. It’s now the most expensive Chanel No5 perfume advert to date. By 2009 Audrey Tautou became the face of this perfume and was utilized in a short film about it. Again, the film was released on the 5th day of the 5th month to honor No5. In 2011, a further new advertisement was released whereby Keira Knightley is the femme fatale promoting the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle fragrance. We will tell you that Chanel perfumes are the most expensive out there today, but they also continue to be the leader in fragrances.
If your reading this article you probably love eating, and love art. But your not the type to walk around an art museum with a lunchbox, are you? Your the kind who wants to create their own art. So why not create some edible art for your next decorative cake?
Applying Edible Cake Art:
- All forms of cake decorating require that you keep your hands clean and especially dry. This is important to remember before handling your edible image. A quick tip, when working with frozen cakes, allow them time to thaw slightly before throwing on the icing. This is because Edible Image decorations require some moisture to blend with the icing well.
- If your dealing with a dry cake, you can lightly brush on some syrup, spray a light mist of water on it, or add a very thin layer of icing so that you have something moist the image will stick to. If your cake is already moist, you won’t need to do any of this, because too much moisture can cause the colors to run.
- Once the image is applied, it cannot be moved or removed. Be careful, definite and sure when placing the image. Once the image has been applied, tap the image down gently with your fingertips, starting from the center of the image and working toward the edges. If you do it right, the cake should feel totally relaxed and stress-free and it may even go to sleep.
- If the image should become moist or hard to remove from the backing, place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. The image should then peel off easily.
- If the image bubbles after you’ve gotten it on the cake, don’t worry! Tap on it, but don’t rub it. If the cake’s frozen after you place your image on it, put it in the refrigerator so it thaws slowly. Try to avoid exposure to ultraviolet light, gamma radiation, and electromagnetic waves otherwise the image will fade. Or it could turn into a super-powered mutant and the army will have to call Godzilla in to save the city.
- If the image is still bubbled during freezing, tap it gently.
Storage and handling of the image
- Edible Images: Decorations should always be stored and kept in the silver bag they come in. And kept in a dry, cool place.
- Make sure to reseal the original bag after you take out an image.
- After the image is removed from the bag, you’ll want to use it immediately.
- Once done with your Edible Image decorations, store them like you normally would any other food item. In the Freezer, on the shelf, in the refrigerator, e.t.c.
Adhering the images to other various products
- Ice Cream: When working with soft serve ice cream, apply image while the ice cream is soft before putting it in the freezer. Remember, let the ice cream melt slightly before applying. You don’t need to add any additional moisture when working with ice cream, or with non-dairy whipped topping.
Icing made with Buttercream.
- Apply the image immediately after icing the cake. Buttercream will form a crust about an hour after it have been applied. If this has happened, spray the icing with a fine mist of water before applying the image.
- You want to avoid cracks in the cake, so before you apply the image let it thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours.
The Icing Royale
- When dealing with a cake iced with royale icing, add a fair amount of misted water over it before applying an image.
Non-dairy Whipped toppings
- You don’t need to add any moisture before applying an edible image. Keep the finished cake in the fridge so it maintains the integrity of the icing and the image.
- When placing an image over fondant or sugar paste, plan where you will put the image. Apply a decent amount of plain water with a small paintbrush, then brush water only where the image will be. Any water outside the image will leave a mark on the fondant or sugar paste. Although be sure to apply enough water, or the image will not stick.
- Tap down the edges with your wet paintbrush
Poured Chocolate, and other poured icing
- While the icing is still wet is when you want to apply the image. Make sure the cake is resting someplace flat or the image can slide.
The Standard Application
- Remove the Image from the sheet JUST before you apply it.
- Reseal the bag immediately if there are still images in it.
- Remove the image from the backing sheet by rolling the backing sheet over the table edge, image face up. This loosens the backing and allows for easy peeling.
A low carb diet plan that satisfies the dieter can make the difference between diet failure and diet success. Counting calories is not the only way to lose weight and eating less is not the only way to lose weight. Eating differently on a low carbohydrate eating program will actually cause weight loss and less calories but leave the dieter feeling satisfied and nourished.
Developing good behaviors that lead to weight loss is just easier if the program followed is pleasant and meets the needs of the dieter. A low carbohydrate eating plan does just that. There are specific rules when it comes to following this method of weight loss and it is important to find a plan that makes these rules clear and understandable.
A low carb menu will include a lot of protein which will provide the satisfaction and energy required to succeed with weight loss. These programs are designed to sustain energy while reducing the calories stored as fat in the body and providing meal enjoyment.
If carbohydrates are limited, it makes sense to understand what is and is not allowed and why. Carbs that are allowed but limited on this eating plan are complex carbohydrates. These have less sugar than simple carbs which are more easily digested. But a person wanting to lose weight wants to feel comfortably full and have their digestive system working well. That requires fiber and other nutrients provided by complex carbs.
Most people know that simple sugars can be found in breads, grains, potatoes, rice and sugars. But they do not always know that many foods called healthy can have hidden carbs and need to be avoided on a low carb diet. Certain vegetables and fruits may be loaded with too much sugar, like bananas and carrots. Looking up the sugar content of foods either on-line or by reading nutritional labels can become a life-saving habit.
Eating proteins and taking in very little sugar makes the body turn into a fat-burning machine, quite different from the body that burns fat on less calories alone. Whether the fat comes from stored fat or fat just eaten, as long as there is minimal sugar, the fat is burned. The best part of this diet is that no one needs to worry about counting calories if they just minimize the intake of sugars along with their protein and fats. Finally dieters are allowed to eat all the butter and mayonnaise they crave. The interesting thing is that they will crave less and less with low carbohydrate diets and stay motivated in their weight loss efforts.
It appears that the secret to losing weight on this eating program is avoiding most sugar. No longer is fat the enemy. The enemy is sugar from simple carbohydrates like sweets and sugar from less obvious sources such as carrots or corn. Although fat is no longer to be avoided, a high protein menu will add a great deal of fat to the body. This will not be a problem unless there is too much sugar taken in, preventing the body from burning fat. So avoiding extra sugars is critical.
Now imagine being on a diet and simply forgetting to eat or skipping meals. Losing the appetite is common with a low carb diet. After being on the program for a while, getting energy from eating proteins and burning fat makes a person less hungry. By following the right low carb diet plan, a dieter can avoid forgetting meals and possibly lowering their own body engine or metabolism, which would cause them to gain weight.
A body that has become a fat burning machine will return to wanting carbs to create its energy if sugars are introduced too quickly back into the diet. It must happen slowly to avoid weight gain. By following a smart low carb diet plan that allows for a transition back to eating carbs slowly, a person can keep the excess pounds from coming back.
Along with old age, wrinkles also appear as an unwelcome guest. Stress and dry skin also take their toll on good skin health. Collagen decrease, estrogen levels, over-exposure to sunlight, bad ecology, smoking, unhealthy diet, poor hydration, habitual facial expressions, gravity, aging, etc are the causes of face wrinkles. Lifting is one method removing wrinkles on face. Anti-aging creams are also available in plenty which give good results. While surgery and anti-aging creams of good quality are very expensive, there are many side-effects for injections like botox. The need of the hour is to select natural methods for removing wrinkles on your face.
Water is universal panacea and the same is true in this regard also. Water has the quality to keep your skin well hydrated round the clock. Only thing you need to remember is to drink filtered or distilled water in order to avoid chemicals from entering your system. You should also take care of your diet. Raw, organic vegetables have to be consumed since they contain antioxidants and minerals which help in fighting free radicals. If you are equipped with these weapons, you are sure to win the battle against wrinkles.
Another effective tool for avoiding face wrinkles is exercise. Persistent workouts, including cardiovascular exercises like swimming, running etc will help in keeping face wrinkles at bay. The profuse sweating as a result of workouts opens the pores of your skin and keeps it healthy. If your lungs and heart are kept in a healthy condition, naturally your skin would remain taut. All the fitness regimes help in providing oxygen to the skin, thereby improving its appearance.
There are many facial exercises also which you can do easily. Standing in front of a mirror, you should stretch your mouth as much as you can while keeping it shut. For two seconds you can remain like this and then pucker your face so that your lips almost touch the nose. The first position should be repeated again after two seconds. We should make a wondering face in the next second, pulling your lips forward and a bit downward to the possible extent. After staying like this for two seconds, it will be good to repeat everything from the beginning. Twenty such repetitions of the cycle can be done but remember to breath in and out every two seconds while doing these exercises.
There are some oils also which suit the skin very much. Using them on a daily basis is good. Face wrinkles can be prevented using Geranium, Lavender, and Helichysum. Keeping your face well moisturized is the key to avoid face wrinkles.