Can you believe that about a third of the body’s cells are expiring at any given time and each cell has to finally be replaced? And there are so various chemicals and toxins in the globe today that our bodies have to work even harder.
Accumulated toxins as well as ordinary dirt and debris support bacterias and parasites to flourish. They can also drop energy levels by overburdening common bodily functions. This toxin buildup may not make any one specific disease but can make a dog more susceptible to infectious illnesses and inflammation.
Luckily there are ways we can aid our pets. The first is workout, the second is a day of fasting and the third is grooming, which is what we are going to focus on here.
You may wonder why we have to clean up our dogs at all. Wolves in the wildlife never get bathed and they appear to do just fine without all of that pampering. The basic reason we have to wash our pets is because they were bred to have abnormally long, curly or fine hair which gets absolutely dirty and matted. Certainly canines will try to self groom with their tongues and paws but with their long coats, they normally can’t do the job alone. Nor should they. Dirt and debris left in the coat is dangerous for two reasons.
1. Your canines will try to wash their fur by licking it. So they will swallow things like lint, flakes of paint, debris from automobiles and even asbestos fibers all of which can lead to many internal problems.
2. These same toxins in the fur can cause skin irritations which leads to mangy skin.
Here are a few of solutions:
1. Clean up your canine with an all natural shampoo every week or every month depending on the breed of dog you have and your lifestyle.
2. Brush your canine daily. Unlike humans who absorb most environmental allergens through their noses and mouths, dogs tend to absorb allergens through the skin. Weekly cleaning can prevent itchiness, washing allergens away before they get a chance to permeate the skin. Also, frequent brushing encourages skin health by bringing excretions from oil glands onto the skin. It also helps to erase mattes from building up.
3. Give your canine a detoxifier to help remove toxins more quickly. Healthy Skin Shiny Coat is an herbal tonic that you give to your canine by mouth. It helps to reroute the toxins to the kidneys and viscera so the skin will be healthier.